Job Title: Development Associate
Department: Community Engagement
Supervisor: Director of Resource Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Full-time with benefits)
The Development Associate will be responsible for developing and promoting Board approved programs,
relationships, and events in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties that have long-term positive results for the
mission of Pensacola Habitat for Humanity. The individual will work closely with donors and grant makers to
secure donations and recruit long-term stakeholders, as well as manage relationships with current donor base.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Resource Development and will also work closely with
committees where development opportunities exist.
• Research and identify fundraising resources available to PHFH and secure resources to enhance or
fulfill programs to their potential beneficial capacities, i.e. grants, foundations, civic organization
• Contribute to the development and implementation of a written five-year development plan for
raising funds for all sectors; i.e. cash donations, campaigns, foundations, planned giving, grants, inkind
gifts, house sponsorships and special events.
• Manage major fundraising programs including but not limited to Annual Appeal and grant writing
• Ensure timely recording and acknowledgement for all donations.
• Maintain appropriate records of contacts and potential contacts, update and utilize database.
• Maintain donor recognition programs and installations as needed to keep timely.
• Initiate, cultivate, and manage external relationships with individuals and organizations in all
sectors including but not limited to individual donors and foundations, civic organizations, faithbased
communities, corporate, not-for-profit, and governmental representatives for the purpose of
securing financial and in-kind support and other resources to benefit Habitat’s mission.
• Develop and promote multiple donor and volunteer relationship building events, ranging from
breakfast gatherings to happy hour events. Provide on-site participation at scheduled events.
• Organize and operationalize annually scheduled ‘special home build’ events to include Women
Build and Interfaith Build.
• Assist department manager with annual departmental budgeting process.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in nonprofit management, marketing, business administration, or communications related degree preferred.
- Two years of demonstrated success in nonprofit development and grant writing.
- Must exhibit clarity and exceptional ability in both verbal and written communication.
- Must demonstrate capabilities in standard office computer applications and have the ability to learn organization specific applications.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Must be comfortable working as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
Anticipated work schedule follows general ‘business hours’ but are flexible to meet after hours and weekend
demand, with no fewer than 40 hours per week expected.
To apply, email your cover letter, including salary requirements and resume to info@PENSACOLAHABITAT.ORG.
No calls please. Pensacola Habitat for Humanity does not offer relocation assistance.
Pensacola Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability.