About the Fund for Excellence
The Fund for Excellence is a donor-supported, advancement fund that Pensacola State College relies upon to seize opportunities for growth and expansion. These unrestricted funds allow the Foundation flexibility to meet PSC’s greatest needs first, to ensure faculty and staff have professional development opportunities, to support satellite campuses and centers, and to grow our academic programs.
While federal funds and state funds are critical, the Fund for Excellence is also crucial to the success of PSC. Government dollars and major gifts are often restricted to a specific purpose, such as the construction of a new building but not the maintenance of the new building or new teaching software but not the upgraded computers to run that software. The Fund for Excellence enables PSC to overcome such gaps in funding.
These unrestricted funds allow the Foundation the flexibility to:
- Meet the greatest needs FIRST!
- Ensure faculty and staff have professional development opportunities
- Support satellite campus and center programmatic growth
- Provide GED and skilled trade programmatic support
- Support of the truck driver training program
- Provide athletic, performing arts, visual arts program enhancements