Our Commitment to Affordability
Pensacola State College is committed to keeping access and affordability at the forefront of its mission. Serving a diverse population that seeks degrees, vocational and technical certifications, and student financial support is critical to ensure completion.
- Supporting Vocational & Technical students that are ineligible for support through traditional Financial Aid
- Named Endowments to ensure future educational opportunities
- For First Generation students and to draw down available State and Federal matching support
- Supporting Health Sciences students in support of regional job demand
- For Veterans and their families
- General Scholarships
The Campaign to raise an additional $3 million for scholarships can increase financial support for needy and deserving students
In 2018-19, the Pensacola State College Foundation awarded $660,000 in scholarships — 52% of those awards were made possible because generous donors had endowed their funds.
There is special need for endowments to help fund:
- First Generation Match for Students who are the first in their family to pursue higher education.
- Students who are ineligible for federal financial aid or Pell grants due to the length of the program or vocational certificate that would help in their career of choice.
- Students who are in “applicant” status while they finish pre-requisites or wait for a spot to open in the nursing program or while they work to raise their grades to meet admission standards in certified programs.
Did You Know?
- 52% of the scholarships that Pensacola State College Foundation awards are made possible by interest earned on endowed funds.
- In the 18-19 year, over 543 students were ineligible for federal financial aid due to their program length or because they were in “applicant” status.
- Interest from PSCF’s $1.5M Chadbourne endowed scholarship has been used to award $770,000 in scholarships since inception.
- Over 1,650 applications are submitted each year by students in need of scholarships.
- Only 77% of the students who apply receive awards.